The beliefs you hold about yourself and your environment, will determine how successful you become in the future. Most of our beliefs comes from the people around us; parents, friends, media etc – so it’s safe to say that our beliefs are held dominantly by our environment. Change your environment, change your beliefs. Change your beliefs – and you change your life.
Being able to change the beliefs you hold about yourself, begins from a decision. From the position you are in life today; you instinctively know whether your beliefs are benefiting you, or simply holding you back.
So here are a few methods you can use to reconstruct your belief system – if you want to of course.
Consume More Positive Material
Scott H Young
- Scott H Young is dedicated to the idea of ‘how to get more from life?’ and increasing your productivity.
- Uses holistic learning to break down complex concepts; making them more memorable whilst showcasing the true pleasures of learning.
- Has recently completed a 4-year MIT degree in 12 months. He understands the process of learning inside-out. He also tackles many concepts people struggle with such as passion, sources of motivation and productivity.
- Tiny Buddha is a website that promotes simple wisdowm for complex lives. It doesn’t just give you the bare bones in terms of positive material, but shares tips for application too.
- You’ll find posts about happiness, motivation, inspiration, love, relationships, meaning, possibilities, mindfulness, and letting go.
- Chris Guillebeau is a man who loves to challenge authority. Never having a ‘real job’ till this very day, Chris is dedicated to living life on his own terms and getting paid for doing what he loves.
- His mission is to help people live unconventional lives, make their own choices, and change the world in his own way.
Get a Pinterest Account
- Pinterest is social networking site based around pictures and the things you love in life.
- This is fantastic for finding hidden proverbs to lift up your mood during the day. Every day, commit yourself to finding pictures and/or quotes that make you feel happy. The more exposure you give yourself to positive content and people, your mindset will undergo a paradigm shift like never before.
Read, read and read. Treat this activity like a religion.
I’m not kidding. If you truly want to change your beliefs, then you need to; firstly, figure out which beliefs are holing you back and secondly, instil the beliefs you’d like to become a dominant force in your mental make-up through techniques like affirmations.
Other personal development authors like myself are continuously striving to instil balance into the lives of millions of people around the world. Rather than reading the monotonous status updates people make on Facebook, and the boring tweets/micro-communications others make, why not take a look at the top 100 personal development websites around and read those instead?
In addition, rather than reading the modern newspaper that arrives at your doorstep every day – why not subscribe to the positive news newspaper?
Create Your Own Beliefs
Monitor Your Environment
People that actually support us through the toughest times of our life – are our true friends. There is a difference between an acquaintance and a friend; the latter, being the one who will always help you when you’re in need.
A negative ‘friendship’ group will do nothing but bring you down. Contrary to popular belief, you’ll derive more benefit from being alone – than being with a group of negative people.
Question anything and everything you currently believe in:
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define reality. But what does it mean to be “correct” or “true”? Merely vague concepts… Their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs? – Misashi Kishimoto
Caring about what people think is probably the #1 deterrent that stops people from achieving their goals. I care about what people think, but I only care of the opinions of those worth caring about.
The only rule is; you’re only allowed to write positive things inside it. Writing in a personal positive journal is a great way for strengthening your belief in yourself. After 6 months; you will have a plethora of ideas, reasons, concepts and stories that will make you see for yourself; that you are far better as a person than you think you are.
Say it ain’t so…people underestimate their potential far too much, it actually makes me sick seeing individuals who are more intelligent than myself – giving up before me.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Did we mention it's free?
Begin your journey towards a balanced life. Start living the life you deserve to live: Physical Health, Mental Health, Relationships, Environment, Work-Life or Material Wealth -
Start from wherever you want - Periodic newsletter in modular format helping you crush the most prevalent problems many people have in society today.
Free and Premium Resources - At the end of each e-mail, we have an assortment of resources to help you achieve your desired result.
No worries, we don't do spam.
About the author
David Johnson Oragui is a balanced life practitioner, gathering people together to undergo a journey towards a balanced life that brings about ever-lasting happiness and excellence. His mission is to motivate and inspire as many people as possible to live their lives to the best of their ability through the idea of a balanced life. You can find him on Google + and Twitter.
Begin Your Journey Towards A Balanced Life
Start Living The Life You Deserve To Live
*Modular Newsletter: Providing creative solutions to the most annoying problems in modern life.
*Be In Control: Fitness, Motivation, Love, Friendship, Work and Money.
Start wherever you want - Subscribe today!
My name is David Johnson Oragui. My mission is to motivate and inspire as many people as possible to live their lives to the best of their ability through the idea of a balanced life.
You can read more about me here